Official websites use .mil
Secure .mil websites use HTTPS
The South Carolina National Guard does not have the ability to take DA photos. To have your DA photo taken, you will need to schedule an appointment through VIOS at an approved DA photo lab (Fort Jackson).
PLEASE NOTE: There will be no South Carolina flag or unit flag/colors/guidon in the photo. This is to ensure continuity of all command photos taken.
1. The South Carolina National Guard Public Affairs office has the capability of photographing head and shoulder photos for South Carolina National Guard Soldiers and Airmen to be used in official capacities such as chain of command displays (not to be used as a replacement for DA photo, which will need to be taken at an approved DA photo lab). These photographs are often referred to as command photos.
2. The location of the studio is off the drill hall floor next to the Recruiting and Retention Marketing Office in room 147 at the Bluff Road Armory at 1225 Bluff Road in Columbia, South Carolina. It is not possible for the photographers to conduct the head and shoulder photos to standard at a unit location due to specific lighting and placement requirements. The Soldier/Airman will be required to come to the studio located in Columbia in order to have their head and shoulder photo taken.
3. To request an appointment for a command photo, it must be submitted at least 48 hours in advance for internal planning purposes:
a. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with requested date/time. Appointment dates: Tuesday-Thursday, 1300-1500 (No Mondays or Fridays); Joint Force Headquarters drill weekends, 1300-1500
b. In the subject line put "Command Photo for (rank) (name)"
c. Include in the email body the best contact information to reach you in case a scheduling conflict arises
d. Identify which uniform you intend to have the photo taken in – ASU, OCP, or OCP & ASU
e. Add additional information, as needed
4. When you arrive for your photo, have the uniform(s) ready. The Public Affairs office does not verify that uniform patches, insignia, or accoutrements are correct. That is a responsibility of the Soldier/Airman.
5. The photo will be taken with the American flag draped in the background. PLEASE NOTE: There will be no South Carolina flag or unit flag/colors/guidon in the photo. This is to ensure continuity of all command photos taken.
6. The photo will be provided digitally for download via a link to the Flickr album. Photos will NOT be printed by the Public Affairs office. You can access the command photos here:
**Note 1** If you do not receive confirmation of appointment, contact the studio at 803-299-4706
**Note 2** If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, you must contact either MAJ Karla Evans, 803-299-5304, email@example.com, or MSG Adam Raynor, 803-299-4241, firstname.lastname@example.org
**Note 3** If a Soldier is a no-show/no-call for their appointment, their commander will be notified
To cancel or reschedule your appointment:
MAJ Karla Evans
MSG Adam Raynor